Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Blooms


The daffodil buds I bought at Trader Joes about 10 days ago are in full bloom now.  I wish I could say that the ones in my garden look like this, but I think it's going to be a while until Spring.  At least we had a little taste of Spring on the kitchen table for a few days.

More flowers are blooming in the sewing room.  Believe it or not, I actually finished one of the many projects I've had in the works.  It is based on a free pattern by Heather Mulder Peterson and made using some fat quarters of Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille.  I plan on keeping this for myself and hanging it on the wall in the sewing room.  I haven't done much applique lately and this was a nice easy project. It was  a good practice piece for a little free motion quilting too. 

Not much else going on here right now.  We're fast approaching grandbaby # 3 launch so that will be exciting!  There might be a little travel coming up in the next few weeks which will be a welcome change.  Otherwise, just staying warm, getting some sewing and a little crafting done.  Like many of you I'm looking forward to warmer days to get outside and walk and work in the yard.  If I was a little more dedicated to those things I would be out whether it was cold or not, but I'm just a fair-weather out-doors girl. 

Happy March!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Nothing says spring like daffodils to me! They're bright and cheery.

I really like the wallhanging too. Maybe I should give that one a try. I've done a little applique but not much and I've never tried free motion quilting.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I like your blog makeover! And I see your weather pixie isn't working either. I'm trying to find a new one to use.
Patti

Thimbleanna said...

Yay! Spring is coming! I love that cute little wallhanging -- too cute!

joeks said...

Our daffodils just poked through the ground a few days ago!
Last week was sunny every day, now it looks like rain ahead all this week. But at least it's not snow!