Monday, December 1, 2008

On To The Next Holiday!

With Thanksgiving over it's time to move on to the next holiday. In fact, with an extra pair of hands around the past few days, I was able to get the tree up and mostly decorated. Even the blog has undergone a little holiday makeover!

We had the traditional turkey, dressing, potatoes and green bean casserole for our Thanksgiving. And I honestly don't care to see another turkey and all the trimmings for awhile! We felt like we were stuffed all weekend but enjoyed it anyway. I'm voting for something different next year, but when it gets that time again, I'll probably be out-voted in favor of "family favorites"! It was nice to have E home for a few days. She stayed around long enough to miss the snow showers and traffic jams up in Chicago land and make it back safely.
Our guests for dinner this year were son-in-law N's mom and sister and of course B, N and E. They paused long enough to get a nice little family portrait.

One more guest, was E's kitty, Decibel. After the first day, she and Beamer were friends again. He even shared his current favorite sleeping spot.

We managed to stay away from the malls on black Friday and instead drove over to Madison for a little old-fashioned main street shopping. Or the girls said they just watched mom shop! But they did have to stop and try on a couple hats in one little shop. Still acting like a couple of silly little girls! Of course we did manage to do more shopping on Saturday and even enjoyed a non turkey dinner at Havana Rumba. I don't know what I was thinking but no food photos folks. Sorry.
I'm not sure what's up with Blogger, but it's not playing nice tonight. Maybe it's the change I made from Explorer to Firefox but the compose screen does a lot of jumping around and I'm having trouble placing my photos. So hopefully I'll have more patience next time for a more interesting post.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week everyone!


2 comments:

Erin said...

I like the green background. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday Janet! And you had two kitties that got along too -- I was very relieved that our kitties weren't fighting all week. Love the pics of that grandbaby -- he's adorable!