Friday, February 8, 2008

Go Back to Bed! (the flower bed that is!)

Don't you just want to yell, "NO, NO it's too early. Go back to bed!" I didn't really think that it had been warm enough to get these red tulips to burst through the dirt, but I guess even though it has been so dreary and wet, they just think it's time. I hope they survive the inevitable hard freeze that we'll surely have before spring arrives.

Remember my white tulips from last week? I'm in search for more, but no luck yet. I'm sure I got them at Kroger but today when I checked, they said they wouldn't be getting tulips for a couple weeks yet. Go figure. I'd even settle for nice quality silk white tulips, but no luck with that either. Oh well. I bet Whole Foods would have them. Maybe I can stop there tomorrow when I pick up D after he drops off the Harley for an oil change and service.


The mail lady brought good stuff today! I ordered this cute quilted wallhanging after I saw it on Red Geranium Cottage. It actually came from a shop called Cozy Cottage Fabrics. (M in California, this may actually be close to you) They've got some cute patterns and kits and ship super fast. Sorry my photo didn't turn out very good but if you hit the link above you can see what it's supposed to look like when I get it done. I'm working on the block of the month quilt right now, but I may have to put it on hold for a bit while I get busy on this. Easter will be here before we know it. Suppose that's why the tulips are early?


We just returned from dinner out with friends at one of our favorite restaurants. It's always fun to share a new place with someone. It was Havana Rumba tonight. I hope they enjoyed it as much as we did. Dennis had the Masas de Puerco (a pork dish) and I had a special that was basically just a seafood skewer with saffron rice and fried plantains. Both were wonderful as everything we've every had there has been. We finished up with cafe con leche and G and I shared a dessert of flourless chocolate cake with a macaroon topping and coconut ice cream. Yum! Of course I forgot to take pictures until we were almost done with dessert. Maybe this photo doesn't look as appetizing as it actually tasted. Yes, we left the whole plan of eating healthy at home tonight!


That's all for tonight! Check back again soon.

No comments: