Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm Still Crafty


I'm going to try  to do a little better this year with this little blog.  Nothing fancy, no earth shattering opinionated posts, or attempts at comical rhetoric.  Just some photos of stuff I've made, places we've been and family we're proud of.  

Now to prove that I still am (sort of) crafty.  Here's just a few of the things I've made in the past few weeks/months.  


These are some pillow cases for a couple of my favorite ninja loving boys.  I'm all about the embroidery machine these days, and have managed to put it to good use. 

If there's a holiday, someone will probably get an cute shirt.
And of course, if you're celebrating a birthday, you need a cute shirt to let the world know you're now a one year old grandchild of a crafty grammy.
And there was a lot of embroidery going on before Christmas!

Five sets of Christmas  Reindeer jammies for five grandkids.


I did manage to get another big boy quilt done in time for Christmas. This one was my first quilt that I've made using paper pieced blocks.  I know some quilters don't care for paper piecing but I really enjoyed making this one. Now all three of the older boys have twin sized quilts to go with the bunk beds that crafty Papa made for them.  I need to get some photos of those on here too. Because they are pretty awesome!




More of crafty Papa's works of art.  Our Christmas tree was decorated this year almost entirely with these laser crafted wooden ornaments and I thought it looked very nice.  We really should set up an Etsy shop or something to sell these next year.

So here's a start to 2014 blogging.  No expectations, just getting back in the bloggy habit!







2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very neat projects, Janet. Good to see you blogging again.

Thimbleanna said...

YAY -- welcome back to the blog! Looks like you've been busy and having a great time -- I love the machine embroidery. And that quilt is perfect for a little boy. I'd love to see the beds -- WITH their quilts!!!