Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Siggies are Here!

They're here! My siggie swap blocks arrived today! They are so pretty, each and every one of them. It was fun to look through them and see where they all came from. I see a few familiar names and blogs but also some names with blogs that I'll have to check out some time soon. Hubby even was interested to see where they all came from but he also commented that now I'll be spending even more time on the computer! And he's probably right. But this is what was waiting for me this morning. Yep, that's a pickup load of mulch. I worked on this task until 10:30 when it was time to get ready for Pilates class, but I'd already had a work out by then! I hope to finish it up in the morning before it gets too warm. Only eight more bags to go!
Since I intend to keep some content of this blog in reference to my quilting/sewing/knitting/whatever crafty hobbies, here's a photo of one thing I completed last week. I changed the Jelly Bag Pattern up a little and made another bag. This one goes to my DIL's future SIL for her "green" shower. It turned out pretty cute and worked up quickly with out having to sew all the jelly roll strips together. In fact, I started another one this afternoon.

Last Sunday, we were on the motorcycle again. This barn was at Stream Cliff Farm which is an herb farm, winery and gift shop not too far from here. Unfortunately, we got there too late to see much so a trip back is definitely in order. Just when we think we've been to just about every interesting place nearby, we discover somewhere new.


Have a great week everyone. It's back to the truck full of mulch for me tomorrow!




9 comments:

Lori said...

Love the bag! And I hear you with the truck full of mulch. We put down ten years last weekend and still need 3-4 more yards. I'm finally moveing a little better today. I can sure tell I have a desk job!

Thimbleanna said...

Ouch -- I feel your mulch pain LOL! I got my siggies too and they're all so fun! Do you ever ride over to Shakertown on your bike? I love it over there and it's been forever since we've been!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The bag is wonderful, but that barn with the quilt blocks is just super-fantastic!! Have fun shoveling mulch...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, and... PS:
I can't wait to see what you do with the siggies. :)

JP said...

Thanks again so much for the great bag! I know KB will LOVE it! Next time we are out there we want to head up to a local market or winery like that, maybe Huber, let little J run around! Thanks again!

Erin said...

I like the bag! When do I get one??? :D

joeks said...

Neat barn!
Don't work too hard with that mulch.

Cheryl said...

Aren't the siggie blocks just the greatest? Really cute bag you made. That barn definitely calls for you to visit again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm running behind on my blog again. I also received my siggies on Tues. and had fun going through all of them.
I love your bag. What fabric is that?

Janie