Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to Work!

The Christmas decorations are all down and put away. So continuing on the cleaning binge I went downstairs to organize and straighten my sewing area(s) after the last minute gifty rush. But I got sidetracked. I discovered the unfinished 2008 BOM packets from Among Friends. And since I've already signed up for the 2009 series and the June through December were still in their little plastic packets. I decided to get busy and crank these out. I've not been sure if I like this colorway and all year I've been wishing I'd signed up for the brighter option. But it's growing on me and now I'm looking forward to getting the whole quilt put together. I've got the finishing kit so hope it goes together easily. This year I'm going to have my favorite machine quilter (Sandi) finish this up for me. Last year I had a different lady quilt my BOM quilt and I was very disappointed in her work. Not much I could do about it, but it seems such a shame to put so much time and effort into a quilt only to have an in-experienced LAQ mess it up. Lesson learned!

You might remember that we are supposed to be in the process of remodeling the kitchen. This project has definitely not been forgotten. Since the Harley is put away for the winter, D has turned back into the master woodworker! The day that we actually have to start ripping out the existing cabinets is still a ways off, but the new cabinets are stacking up in the basement. This is just a portion of them. All of the drawers are complete and now he's starting on the doors. Maybe this will be the year!

My first few days as a member of Sharon's Dieting Blogger Babes has gone well. I've been faithfully exercising every day. And we've been eating healthy this week too. Lentil soup, grilled chicken, vegetable soup (yes, we like soup!), baked sweet potato fries and even some broiled hamburgers, but all within my WW points. D says he's already lost several pounds. How do men do that?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New handmade cabinets sound wonderful, especially since your hubby is the cabinet-maker. My kitchen could use a makeover but it's not in its future. So I'll change the subject to quilting...I am starting two new online free BOMs, as if I needed to. But, why not...if I get them done, great, if not, it won't be a biggie...I'll just keep stitching. RE your diet, you can do it! I admire all those who have committed to do this.

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- you're making your own cabinets? That's fabulous! And sounds like the diet is already starting off well!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good for you on the exercise!!! Boo just made me ride the stationary bike. I did it for 10 min. OMG!! I thought I'd die. He wouldnt let me off. LOLOL
How nice to have a cabinet maker in the house. Lucky girl you.

JP said...

Well, we are all trying to eat healthier and work out more! Goals are good. We look forward to seeing those cabinets!! Soon