Saturday, March 29, 2008

Layers Are My Friends!

We've been out on the bike today. It was a pretty day - but chilly. Every day this week, they've changed the weather forecast for today. At one point, it was supposed to be in the low 60's with lots of sun but it ended up only around 50. So, we layered on the clothing (about four layers for me !) and headed up north to check out Harley-Davidson of Bloomington. Once we got there we discovered they were having a special event with food, contests and special sales. The hotdogs and chili tasted pretty good and warmed us up a little before we spent some time shopping. We found the store well stocked with lots of Harley merchandise and of course had to purchase a few things! Here's our Harley, parked along side of many others. There was actually another bike just like ours there (on the right side of the group of motorcycles in the photo) only it had a short windshield. We were happy to have our tall windshield on a day like today. The route the GPS took us was good and will be a nice scenic ride for this summer. At least some of the grass is finally starting to green up and a few bushes are sprouting a little green. Maybe spring will be here soon!
I've been working on a couple of sewing projects this week. I started a small quilt with a Moda jelly roll of Daydreams by Deb Strain. I'll post a photo of my progress in a few days. I'm loving these jelly rolls of pre-cut fabric strips. I think B is too as she's started her second quilt in two weeks! I'm going to have to step up my game in order to keep up with her! My completed project this week was this purse. It is from a pattern from Pink Sand Beach Designs. I may just have to make another as this went to B as part of her birthday present.

The forecast is for rain (again!) tomorrow. So we'll just have to stay home and work on a some things here at home. The kitchen progress as slowed to a crawl lately so maybe D will get back in the groove! I'll keep you all informed!

Have a nice weekend!



1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hey, I just finished that bag tonight. I used my Mary E. fabs. Great pattern wasn't it??Love yours.