Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just a Bit More October


I wanted to share a few more things from October before moving on to November.  

Here's my little quilting project.  I purchased a few Halloween fat quarters at Hollyhock Quilt Shop's open house last month and picked up a free pattern sheet.  The result was this cute little table topper for practicing my free motion quilting. I'm getting a little better at it but still need lots of practice.  I am better at baking though and it is so hard for me to not bake but goodness knows, I really need to avoid goodies like these.  Pinterest not only a good way to waste time, but to find so many recipes that look so good, like these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I only made half the recipe to limit the temptation!  (This is not all that half of the recipe made - just  a few for the photo!)


 Back on the road weekend before last, we headed up toward Cincinnati.  I guess some folks find original ways to  make their political  feelings known!  Or maybe it's an art form?


We enjoy watching the Food Network show, Diner's Drive-ins and Dives and we've ventured out to find a few of the restaurants featured there.  This time we found Virgil's Cafe.  I wouldn't call this a drive-in or dive and more of a nice restaurant than a diner.  It was very good, and though I didn't embarrass ourselves by snapping food photos, we really enjoyed our late lunch.  We really need to find another weekend activity that doesn't involve so much food!

 It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here!  All the kids and grandkids will be here at some point over the next few weeks. So there's some house cleaning, cooking and baking to be done. I'm not sure if any sewing projects will be completed but there are plenty of things to keep me busy for the month of November. 

Have a great weekend!  





No comments: