Friday, June 11, 2010

This is the Random Stuff...

Not a lot going on around here, so  just some random odds and ends from this week for this blog post.
My Endless Summer Hydrangeas are beautiful this year! 
Last weekend we rode up to Spring Mill State Park for lunch at the lodge and a little fun in the Pioneer Village.  Someday I'd love to have a place to plant some hollyhocks like these we found at the Grist Mill.

The guys checked out the water wheel and the saw mill. 


A beautiful day for a nice ride and a delicious meal  with some good friends!


Little Mr. D came to visit.  He's growing so fast and loves the new bargain toy Grammie found at Once Upon a Child. He'll be walking soon! 

I've been working on finally getting some flowers planted out front.  This photo was taken last week and they look so much prettier now - just forgot to go take a new pic.


And YEA !  I've been sewing!  This is the beginning of a quilt just for me.  Several weeks, maybe even months ago, I bought this kit at Among Friends.  It is made using Rouenneries by French General.  I've still got two different borders to go but so far I think it's looking pretty good.

So how's that for some randomness of the week?  This coming week will probably be just as random - but that's life!


4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely quilt, adorable grandson and gorgeous hydrangeas... thanks for sharing!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Your Hydrangeas are BEAUTIFUL!! But then so is the grandson and the red and white quilt.

Have a gareat weekend!

Lori said...

I love Spring Mill Lodge. We stayed there on the way back on bikes from Tennessee a couple of years ago. They're buffet was out of this world and so cozy by the fireplace. Sounds like a great day.

Thimbleanna said...

WOW -- your hydrangeas are gorgeous! My sister has beautiful ones this year too -- mine aren't nearly as pretty -- I think they're getting too much water, if there is such a thing. Love your new quilt too!