Sunday, January 11, 2009

Join the PIF !

I've been debating whether to join in, but took the plunge! I'm not sure who started this, and I apologize for not giving them proper credit, but there is a special "challenge" going around the crafty/quilter blogs that I read. It is called PIF or Pay It Forward and it is based upon the idea from the movie where you perform a good deed without anything expected in return except that the recipient do the same for someone else. But the twist of this one is that you send something handmade. Connie has an excellent explanation over on her blog so stop by there for complete instructions.
When I saw that Deb was looking for some one to join, I signed up! I can't wait to see what she makes as she is one talented girl! So now I am looking for the first three bloggers who comment on my blog that they would like to join in (you can comment without joining!). I will send you something handmade - within the next 6 months. I'm not sure what it will be yet but you must post the same on your blog and pass along the fun! Any questions?

D continues his passion for woodworking in his basement workshop. He is veneering the wood for the doors and it is quite an undertaking. I should go down and take a pic of him working in his pj's and setting up his veneer press. But I'm not sure how he'd feel about that! The reality of a new kitchen is setting in though. Yesterday we purchased two new appliances at Bargain Supply. They have some amazing deals on scratch and dent units from the manufacturer. I found the GE Cafe gas range and the GE french door fridge that we've been looking for and both have only slight cosmetic damage which will not show when placed in the cabinets. Yippee - mucho $$ saved!

You can't tell too much from this photo so this is the picture from GE's website.
I'm getting excited about these! Maybe I'll have to take up real cooking again. Oh wait - I have to cook healthy now don't I! Stop by tomorrow for my update on Sharon's Diet Challenge.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I would like to join in on the PIF. Please let me know what i need to do.