Sunday, January 25, 2009

Classroom in a Box

I've gone back to school - well, sort of. At least I've got a classroom in a book. The other night I downloaded the free 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements 7. It's going to to take me more than 30 days to comprehend all that's in this book. Wish me luck. Hopefully one day you'll see an impovement in the photos here! Though I probably need a photography book too! Thanks to those of you who offered helpful hints and comments on my BOM quilt that I've been trying to assemble. It was not near as difficult as I was trying to make it! Once I took the time to re-read the instructions and square up the blocks, it went together quite easily. I was careful with the bias edges and was able to keep the puckering to a minimum. This photo does not do the fabrics justice (working on that - see above!) but it still is not going to be my favorite quilt. The borders will go on next - you can see them in the bottom left corner. Maybe I'll change my mind once they go on.
Yesterday we spent some time at the area Boat and RV Show. We're still dreaming of just the right toy hauler motor home or 5th wheel travel trailer for the retirement years ahead. Even though that's a ways off, it's still fun to look. Let me tell you that if someone had the money and was looking for a nice 5th-wheel, this is the time to buy. Units that last year were listed at near $80 K are now available in the low 60's. The dealers are hurting and were definitely wanting to make some sales. There weren't as many companies at the show as there was last year though. Tough times for these businesses too.


There's a forecast for a snow "event" here tomorrow. And of course a prediction means that many of the schools are already saying they'll be closed. We've lived here for eight years and I still can't get over that! Delivery of my new appliances is scheduled for Tuesday so I hope those guys can brave the elements! I might need some education on cooking on the new gas range but that should be easier than Photoshop!

No comments: