Monday, March 8, 2010

Just Teasing!

How about just a little tease of a newly completed project?  It's just back from the quilter and I've now completed sewing down the binding.  I'll try to  get a full photo when the weather and lighting are better.(A beautiful day here today, but tonight a few showers.  Spring might be here!)  Now when the newest little J makes his appearance, Grammie will have the monkey quilt ready for him!   




We certainly didn't need these, but I tried another new recipe last week.  These are from smitten kitchen and they are her Thick & Chewy Granola Bars.  I'll definitely be making these again but perhaps with a few changes.  The half that didn't get the chocolate chips were my favorites, believe it or not.  I bought almond butter today to try instead of the peanut butter which seemed a little over-powering.  Has anyone ever tried almond butter?  It was pretty expensive at Meijer so I hope it's worth it.  I'll also cut back a little more on the sugar like she recommends.  Some flax seeds were added for a little extra healthy punch and I wrapped some of the bars in plastic to keep them fresh.  Overall - I'd give them a "thumbs up"!  Can you tell I couldn't wait to try them!

With a two beautiful days this past weekend, we were able to get the Harley out for a couple short rides. I guess you could say it was a little tease for motorcycle riding too! We didn't go anywhere special but it was nice to know that it started right up and we can be ready to go when we've got the urge.  Plans need to be made for a trip this spring.  We've got some options but nothing is on the schedule yet.  Someday soon, we'll be "on the road again"! 

Have a good week all!






2 comments:

joeks said...

Whew! You finished the quilt with time to spare! : )
The granola bars look great!
Let us know if your spring trip will be out this way.

Thimbleanna said...

You know spring is arriving when the bike comes out LOL! The monkey quilt looks wonderful -- can't wait to see it in all its finished glory!