Friday, March 2, 2012

Button, Button, Who Has a Button?


Several years ago when my husband's grandmother passed away, I ended up with a couple of containers of old buttons.  A few years later, my mother's collection became mine too.  I remember her cutting buttons off of old clothes before they went into the rag bag.  Being the thrifty woman that she was, I'm sure Grandma C did the same.  Last week I was literally hit in the head with one of the jars of buttons during a fabric closet cleaning frenzy.  Maybe one of them was trying to tell me it was time to make use of these treasures.  


I might take me awhile to come up with enough  projects for  all of these.  But it was fun digging through them and wondering what type of garment each one had adorned.  I did find just the right ones to complete this bag from a kit I ordered from the girls at Sweetwater.  Cute, quick and easy - the best kind of project.  Guess I'd better get busy if I'm ever going to use all of these buttons!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Janet! I love Sweetwater stuff -- and this one is adorable! Perfect button too ;-D!