Monday, October 26, 2009

Just a Bump in the Road

Have you ever had one of those weeks were you wondered if it was a total waste of seven days?  Well that almost could be said about last week here at our house.

 I started out with good intentions.  Monday I was on the road to getting back into my routine at the gym and spent some time with B and the little Peanut.  The fabric I had to hunt down on Ebay for a special project arrived and I was all ready to do work on that the rest of the week.  Tuesday came and so did Peanut for a day with Grammie.  We played.  I didn't sew.  I was looking forward to Wednesday as a mall trip and lunch with a dear friend was planned.  But I woke up with the flu.  Yuck!  I spent the entire day in bed and I don't remember the last time that has ever happened!  Whether it was the dreaded H1N1, I'm not sure, but I don't really think so.  It was more of a stomach type virus.  By Thursday morning I was better, but hubby was down with the same thing.  Since I was the back-up sitter this week for the regular babysitter who was on her honeymoon, little Peanut was back with Grammie. (So far, he's still healthy!)  Grampa got sent to recouperate in the basement and Peanut and I just didn't do much of anything.   Friday brought a burst of energy and I tried to catch up on laundry, groceries and housework but by the end of the day I was exhausted.  With D still recovering too, we didn't get much done Saturday either, except a little shopping.  So much for my good intentions!  But now with that behind us, I'm looking forward to this week! 

With either lousy weather or sickness keeping us in the house the past few days, we were ready to venture out on the Harley for a short ride today.  The fall color is near peak around here and it's surprising with as much rain as we've had that so many leaves are still hanging on.  We took some back roads over near the river and found some pretty places to stop and take a few photos. 







We've ridden by this bison ranch before.  I'm not sure if they knew what to think of us.

This helmuted, chaps wearing creature hanging over the fence with a camera was probably rather amusing to them (just as it was to me!).  By the way, have you tried bison meat?  One of our favorite breakfast places serves bison sausage and D loves it.  They're just now beginning to carry it in the local grocery stores and the ground meat as well. It has good flavor and is nice and lean.  My apologies to the photo subjects above. 



Little Peanut is growing up so fast.  Here he's just getting ready to do his little flip back over from his tummy to his back.  Thus the sober, determined look on his face!

Grammie and the Peanut before the week went downhill.  My attempt at a windy self portrait with the little guy.  He looks rather worried here.  I think he's used to me being on the other side of the camera! 

I didn't mean for this blog post to be such a "pitty party".  I try not to do that so I'll promise to do better next time.   So much for this week, a better week is ahead......!



4 comments:

Lori said...

Your ride pictures are gorgeous! We don't have near that many leaves left on the trees now after more rain.

Little Peanut is adorable too. What fun you must have!

joeks said...

Glad last week is over for you. Here's praying for a good week ahead!

Thimbleanna said...

Little Peanut looks like his grandma -- he's a cutie! Looks like you're having a beautiful fall south of here too. Hope this week has turned out better for you!

Unknown said...

Hi, I read Cootie Bug 2's blog and linked over to yours from hers.

I live in a small central Texas town with one grocery store that happened to have ground bison last week in the meat department. I picked up a package and put it down quicker when I saw that it was $6.99 a lb! I would love to have tried it, but not at that price.

You have a very nice and interesting blog. I haven't got to sew much this year, but, hopefully soon, I can get back in the groove again.

Patricia in Texas